There are many ways to edit images so they meet the requirement of 1400 pixels on the longest side. Pixlr is a free, online photo-editing software you can use to adjust the size of your images.
How to Add Black Borders to Images Using Pixlr
To edit your images using Pixlr, follow these steps below:
1. Go to pixlr.com. From the top menu click Pixlr E.
2. After the program opens select the “Open Image” option.
3. Locate the image file on your computer. Click on the image and select “Open.”
4. Select Image and then Canvas Size from the top Pixlr toolbar.
5. Once the resize option opens, adjust both the height and width to 1400 pixels. Make sure that the anchor is set to the middle. Select “Apply.”
6. In the top left corner select File and go down to Save.
7. You may wish to modify the name of your edited image so that you don’t get it confused with your original image. Be sure to save it as a JPG so the black borders are added. You can also adjust the quality if your file is larger than 5MB.
8. Choose where you want your file to be saved on your computer. We recommend saving the image where you can easily locate it, like the desktop. Select “Save.”
Once you have edited and saved your images, upload them to ZAPP in the My Portfolio section. Learn more about the My Portfolio page.